Our dental office is now open for non-essential treatments and procedures. We have always followed and will continue to follow all infection control recommendations and protocols provided by the Ministry of Health, the Royal College of Dental Surgeons, and the Ontario Dental Association. We will be modifying our operations to create a safer working and treatment environment for both our staff and patients:
Day Before Your Appointment
- You will be asked to complete the COVID-19 pre-screening forms either securely online, via email, or over the phone prior to each appointment.
- Everyone who enters the office will be pre-screened and screened upon arrival, including our entire dental team who will be screened daily.
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
- Please notify us by calling (905) 727-1917 or texting (289) 500-1915 when you have arrived, then wait in your car or outside the office until your scheduled appointment time or until it is safe to enter.
- A temperature check will be done upon arrival.
- Only scheduled patients will be allowed entry into the office unless a parent or caregiver is required. The parent or caregiver will also be screened.
- We have a hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it at all times while you are in the office, except during your treatment. As our medical masks are still in short supply, we appreciate you coming with your own face covering (homemade masks are fine).
Waiting Room and Reception Area
- You may notice some changes in our waiting room to encourage social distancing. We will ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the office at all times.
- We will limit the number of patients and staff in the practice area at any given time.
- At the moment, we will no longer offer magazines in our waiting room and children's toys after the appointments since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Please bring your own pen to fill out any necessary paperworks if possible.
- Appointments will be staggered and managed to allow for social distancing between patients and staff. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for sheduling your appointment.
- All patients will be escorted to their treatment rooms from the reception area.
- As always, all rooms will be completely sterilized before each patient is seated. Extra time will be scheduled between patients’ appointments to allow thorough cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and equipment.
- All patients will rinse with an antimicrobial mouth rinse at every visit to reduce viral load.
- Our operatories will be temporarily enclosed to avoid any aerosol from spreading to common areas.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) will be worn by all clinical and administrative staff, including masks for all team members; N95 or surgical masks, face shields, gowns, and caps for the clinical team as required.
After the Appointment
- Contactless payments, such as debit or credit cards, are preferred if possible.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please go to our Request an Appointment page or call us at 905-727-1917.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our dental office.
Dr. Harry Weingarten and the Aurora Dental Team